Authorities have located Veronica DeLeon, 21, who was reported missing Thursday morning. She is safe and unharmed.
Michael Milikae Scott, 22, of Douglas has been detained and faces multiple charges in the incident. Scott is a black male, approximately 6'3", 165 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes.
Sheriff's officials feared that DeLeon could be in danger due to previous incidents involving her and Mr. Scott. Authorities notified the public of her disappearance Thursday afternoon. She was believed to have been with Mr. Scott traveling in a silver-colored Toyota car with heavy body damage.
The sheriff’s office hasn’t said what tip or tips may have led them to Ms. DeLeon and Mr. Scott. The department released a short statement that said she had been found safe.
- Two-year City Hall renovation to begin soon, city offices to be relocated
- Traffic stop yields drug arrest
- Three arrested for allegedly attempting to sneak drugs into jail
- County officials take their oaths of office
- Local drug investigation indicts 48 defendants for conspiracy, including three prison guards
Latest from Robert Preston
- Republicans carry Coffee County, Democrats poised to win statewide in Senate races
- Wyatt Miller lands with the Seattle Seahawks
- Tyreek Hill named to fifth consecutive Pro Bowl
- High, Turner, Jackson named players of the week for second-round win
- Bobby Worthy arrested in Ware County after allegedly threatening a Waycross citizen online