Human remains found on Charlie Harper Road in Willacoochee on February 10, 2017 have been identified as those of missing teenager Kiree Hersey. The 18-year-old had been missing since November 5, 2016.
Officials state Hersey’s death has been ruled a homicide.
Anyone with information concerning this case is asked to call the Atkinson County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 422-3611, the GBI Douglas office at (912) 389-4103, or through GBI Tips online at http://investigative.gbi.georgia.gov/gbi-tip-line.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County