According to the Coffee County Ga. Police Scanner Facebook page, Douglas police and fire units responded to a house fire at 206 North Street around 5 a.m. on Christmas Eve. When officers arrived, they discovered the home engulfed in flames.
Thankfully, it appears as though the home was uninhabited at the time and, as a result, there were no injuries or loss of Christmas gifts.
However, the nature of the fire remains suspicious and authorities are investigating the cause of the blaze. If you have any information regarding the fire or if you saw anyone in the area around that time on Dec. 24, please contact the Douglas Police Department or E-911.
- Douglas/Coffee County supports World Teen Mental Wellness Day
- CSX to close railroad crossing for maintenance
- Drug officers arrest two, one of whom was just released from jail 11 days prior
- It’s business license renewal time
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed