On Friday, Dec. 9, school officials locked down the Coffee High School campus after someone found an unloaded gun at the school.
The Coffee County School System issued a brief press release Friday afternoon regarding the incident. The press release, however, gave few details about exactly what happened.
The release did state that the student who was involved in the incident was apprehended “and is cooperating with school administrators and local law enforcement.” The statement went on to say that “appropriate action has been taken and charges are pending.”
The release did not say what the appropriate action was, what the charges are, or the identity of the student.
- School system police officer arrested, charged for allegedly breaking into cars
- Douglas woman arrested on shoplifting, drug possession charges after allegedly stealing shoes
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Man charged for allegedly stabbing 17-year-old during dispute at home
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday