An auto accident between a minivan and a dump truck sent one Douglas resident to Shands in Jacksonville via helicopter, according to walb.com. The crash occurred on Highway 206 about mid-afternoon on Saturday.
According to the walb.com report, the driver of the van, Lois Miller, 64, struck a dump truck as the truck turned left into a private driveway. Gerald Griffin was driving the dump truck, reported walb.com.
Miller was airlifted from the scene and taken to Jacksonville.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Defense, special teams lead Trojans to 51-17 win over Richmond Hill Wildcats
- Trojans make history against Seminoles, win 65-0
- Coffee overcomes bye week, two-hour weather delay to defeat St. Augustine (Fla.) in Border Classic
- Coffee JV handles Madison (Fla.) JV 41-0 in first meeting since 2007
- Visit Douglas-Coffee County announces Gopher Tortoise Festival poster contest