Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
On Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at approximately 9:30 a.m., federal and local authorities arrested a wanted man in connection drug trafficking and firearms warrants from Telfair County. The arrest took place at a motel in Hazlehurst.
On Monday, July 3, 2023, the Telfair County Sheriff’s office and the Georgia State Patrol SWAT team executed a high risk search warrant at the residence of Jerry Dean Clements. During the raid, officers seized large quantities of drugs and several firearms. Clements was not at home at the time officers arrived and warrants were obtained for his arrest.
Clements avoided capture for over a month. However, on August 9, his luck ran out when investigators and agents located Clements at a motel in Hazlehurst. When Clements walked out to his vehicle, he was immediately surrounded by law enforcement and taken into custody. The vehicle Clements was occupying contained three additional firearms, ammunition and small quantities of suspected marijuana.
Clements, 39, of Lumber City, was charged with trafficking methamphetamine, trafficking MDMA, trafficking cocaine, trafficking oxycodone, possession of mushrooms, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of firearm by a convicted felon (x2), possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and probation violation.
In addition to the charges in Telfair County, Jeff Davis County authorities charged him with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (x3) and possession of marijuana less than one ounce.
Clements remains in custody and this is an ongoing investigation.
- Traffic stop leads to three arrests on illegal drug, firearms, and illegal hunting charges
- Operation Watchful Eye locates absconded sex offender in Irwin County
- Valdosta police arrest 15-year-old carrying two guns, cocaine
- Jeff Davis authorities round up suspected drug offenders
- County considers solar panel ordinance, hears trash collection update
Latest from Submitted
- Fort Eisenhower woman indicted for murder in child's death
- Chamber of Commerce celebrates Little Free Libraries at Emma Ward, Eastside parks
- Martin Centre receives Cultural Facilities Grant
- Chamber recognizes 2023 Leadership Coffee class
- Wiregrass honors Radiologic Technology students with award ceremony