Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Officers from the Douglas Police Department have made an arrest in connection with a non-fatal shooting that took place on Monday, August 7, 2023.
On Wednesday, August 9, 2023, officers arrested Shelton Burdette Johnson, 59, of Douglas, for allegedly shooting his brother, Sedrick Dion Johnson, on August 7. The shooting took place at 910 South Madison Avenue — directly behind the Dairy Queen. Officers arrived on scene and spoke with the victim, who advised that a family member had shot him. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
The victim was flown out for further treatment due to his injuries and is in ICU in critical condition. Johnson was charged with Aggravated Assault (Family Violence), Possession of a Firearm During Certain Crimes, and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon. Another family member, Frank Bernard Johnson Jr., was arrested and charged with obstruction and disorderly conduct during the investigation.
Shelton Johnson is being held at the Coffee County Jail. Frank Johnson Jr. has been released.
- Lions Club makes donation for toy drive
- Douglas Police Department initiates Freeze Out Holiday Crime
- Suspect whom deputies shot while allegedly stealing a cargo trailer is out of hospital, in jail
- 15-year-old allegedly injures Valdosta police officer, eats candy as EMS treats officer for head injury
- GBI investigates death of 21-year-old woman in Remerton