Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Halique Laron Jordan, Jr., 18, of Ocilla is being held in the Coffee County Jail on murder charges stemming from the fatal shooting of Robert Wilcox, 26, of Ocilla.
Last Wednesday, June 7, 2023, officers from the Ocilla Police Department responded to a gunshot victim call. According to a post on the Ocilla Police Department’s Facebook page, when officers arrived at the 400 block of North Roosevelt Street, they found the victim, Wilcox, in the yard unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The following day, Jordan was arrested in Cordele along with five others. According to a press release posted on the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office web site, the Mid-South Special Response Team and deputies from the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office served a search warrant at 1109 15th Street South in Cordele.
There, officers found Jordan. They also arrested five other individuals — four adults and one juvenile. Arrested were Tremecius Hicks, 45, of Cordele; Tyjae Taylor, 24, of Cordele; Tykeeyah Armstrong, 18, of Cordele; Tykeemah Armstrong, 21, of Cordele; and the juvenile, 16. Though their specific charges vary, all were hit with numerous charges related to illegal drug and firearms possession. Tykeeyah Armstrong was also charged with hindering the apprehension of a fugitive/criminal.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation led the investigation with the assistance of various agencies in Irwin and Crisp counties.
Jordan was transported to Irwin County where he was charged with malice murder in connection with Wilcox’s death. From there he was transferred to the Coffee County Jail where he remains.
- Fort Eisenhower woman indicted for murder in child's death
- Garrett pleads guilty, sentenced to probation
- Burke County man sentenced to federal prison for possession of child pornography
- Fort Eisenhower woman charged with murder in child's death
- Operation Watchful Eye locates absconded sex offender in Irwin County
Latest from Staff Reports
- Officials make arrest in connection with July 4 fire at Liquidation Market
- Check out Revive's daily deals in December
- Deputy stops vehicle for no headlights, finds suspected meth
- Suspicious vehicle on side of the road leads to arrest on drug, gun charges
- Bullets fly in Coffee County on November 28: Two shootings reported three hours apart