Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
No contract/deposits for maintenance or construction
Clearwater pools on Facebook
Ask about Customizable maintenance plans *
Three juveniles have been arrested after allegedly robbing people who thought they were meeting to buy an iPhone. A 16-year-old and a 13-year-old were also charged with firearms charges.
According to a press release posted on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, last month, the Douglas Police Department received several reports of individuals being robbed. The suspect in these cases would list an iPhone for sale on the Facebook Marketplace. When contacted by a potential victim, the suspect would give a location for the transaction to take place.
During the transaction the victim would present money to pay for the phone. The suspect would snatch the money and flee the area. During the final robbery, the victim believed the suspect had a firearm. Officers from the Douglas Police Department, posing as potential victims, contacted the suspect and arranged a meeting to purchase the iPhone. The operation was a success and led to the arrest of three juvenile offenders. Initially a 16-year-old offender was charged with possession of a firearm by a minor and felony possession of marijuana, a 13-year-old was charged with possession of a firearm by a minor, and a 15-year-old was charged for obstruction when he failed to stop fled from the officers.
The investigation into these robberies continued and the 16-year-old offender has now been additionally charged with the reported robberies. As a result of the investigation officers believe that there were other unreported robberies of this type committed. If you or anyone you know has been a victim, of this or any other type crime, please contact the Douglas Police Department.
- Charges against 17 year old dropped in Burger King debit card investigation
- 38-year-old arrested on aggravated assault charges after allegedly attempting to hit another with his vehicle
- One suspect wanted, another jailed on aggravated assault charges after fight on Coweta Avenue
- Officer discovers alleged illegal drugs during traffic stop, driver jailed then released
- DPD officers arrest 'Chris Rock' Jackson for fourth time since August of last year
Latest from Staff Reports
- Missing person found deceased on Thursday
- Officers searching for missing elderly female
- SGSC's Dixon finishes first in men's race, Uribe second in women's race at Fort Valley State
- Broxton PD makes arrest in connection with Barney Fife mural vandalism
- Brown, Carter lead Trojans in win over Bolles Bulldogs