Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
On March 14, detectives from the Coffee County Drug Unit acted on a tip that led them to suspected methamphetamine along with scales and packaging material. As a result, the officers arrested Sheila Dunn, 49, and charged her with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.
Dunn was on probation and had an active Fourth Amendment waiver, according to an incident report from the drug unit. That allowed the officers to search her home, located at 633 Second Avenue South in Douglas.
During the search, the officers found packaging material, two scales covered in what they suspected was methamphetamine, and a piece of torn plastic containing suspected methamphetamine.
Dunn was arrested and transported to the Coffee County Jail. She has not been released.
- Tamya Pope overcomes the odds: 'I just had the mindset to keep going'
- SGSC professor’s reference book makes best new Journalism/New Technical Writing books list
- Driver traveling nearly 30 mph over speed limit found carrying suspected methamphetamine
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- City to end recycling program on August 1
Latest from Robert Preston
- Veterans, citizens observe Memorial Day at courthouse ceremony
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- Completely Unchained brings Van Halen to the stage Saturday in Douglas
- Former Trojan headed to Junior College World Series with Andrew College Tigers
- On the death of the manual transmission and the loss of our connection to the world around us