Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Next week, Kendrick Mizell, 29, is set to stand trial for the murder of Antravious Johnson, 22. Johnson was killed on Feb. 28, 2021, at the 900 block of South Gaskin Avenue in Douglas.
Authorities allege that Johnson was sitting in the driver’s side of a vehicle on South Gaskin Avenue when Mizell walked up to the vehicle and began shooting. Johnson was hit in the head, back, and hand.
Mizell was identified as a suspect almost immediately following Johnson’s death. He was arrested in March of 2021 without incident in Ware County with the assistance of the Ware County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Marshals Service. He has been in the Coffee County Jail ever since.
Jury selection will begin Monday morning with opening arguments starting shortly after the jury is seated.
Note: Mizell's trial was continued until May due to not being able to locate witnesses for the proceedings.
- Domestic dispute leads to serious injuries, aggravated assault charges
- Deputies arrest, extradite wanted fugitives from Florida and Alabama
- Youth Council’s February meeting focuses on Black History Month
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
Latest from Robert Preston
- Atkinson County honors former baseball coach and Georgia Dugout Club Hall of Famer Brad Porter
- SGSC falls to Georgia Highlands 74-67
- Animal cruelty, while rampant, is often hard to prove and prosecute
- Francis Lott, one of architects of Douglas-Coffee County's economic boom, passes at 87
- Nine Trojans sign letters of intent to play college football