Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
State troopers from The Georgia State Patrol Post 36 in Douglas investigated 42 traffic crashes during the month of January. Sergeant First Class Harding said the traffic crashes resulted in 28 injuries and 4 fatalities.
Sergeant First Class Harding said Troopers from Post #36 also issued 585 traffic citations during the month. This total includes 25 arrests for Driving Under the Influence, 200 citations for speeding, 137 seat belt violations, 24 child restraint violations, and 32 distracted driving violations. Troopers issued 811 warnings for the month.
Sergeant First Class Harding reminds motorists to wear their seat belts each time they get into a vehicle, regardless of the distance. State law requires all front seat passengers to wear the seat belt. Seat belts are required for all occupants in the rear seat under the age of 18.
A child safety seat appropriate for the weight and height of the occupant is also required for all occupants under the age of 8. Even though not required by law, those age 18 and older in the rear seat are strongly encouraged to wear their seat belt.
In Post 36 territory during 2022, 47% of fatality victims were unrestrained.
- Serious traffic accident blocks Highway 135
- Police, EMTs respond to accidents north and west of town at nearly same time
- Ware County man arrested, charged with DUI after fatal side-by-side crash near Nicholls
- Officers arrest subject after five-county high-speed chase
- 38-year-old arrested on aggravated assault charges after allegedly attempting to hit another with his vehicle