Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
City of Douglas Code Enforcement recently sent out renewal forms for the Occupational Tax Certificates (business license) to businesses doing business within the city limits. Each year, business licenses expire on December 31. The City allows a grace period from January 1 to February 28 before a penalty fee is added. If not renewed by March 1, 2023, business owners can expect to pay a late fee penalty.
Although it is a simpler process for business owners to renew their license than it was to apply, each occupational tax certificate must be in full compliance. To be in compliance, business owners should verify their business location, verify business name, verify mailing address, and, if applicable, verify their state license is current. A business license will not be approved nor renewed, if the business owner or landowner (where the business is located), owes delinquent occupation tax, property taxes, or ad valorem tax to the City of Douglas or Coffee County Board of Commission. Also, a business license/renewal will not be granted if the business owner or property owner owes a debt, such as delinquent utility bill, to the City of Douglas.
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
- Douglas woman charged with animal cruelty after critically ill horse found on property
- State Court Judge Katy Paulk announces 2024 election campaign
- GSP, CCSO arrest five on DUI charges