Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A convicted felon who allegedly threatened to kill a 28-year-old female was recently arrested after officers discovered a firearm in his truck.
A Douglas Police Department report states that on January 23, a woman reported that 36-year-old Ahmad Rashad Cross was calling and threatening to kill her daughter. The woman said that Cross was supposedly on the way from Valdosta in a black Chevy Silverado with a Lowndes County tag.
A short time later, an officer responded to the complainant's residence after being informed that Cross was at the home, then got into a black truck before speeding off. When the officer arrived, the complainant stated that she did not make contact with Cross and that her daughter was hiding in the bedroom. The officer stated that the daughter refused to speak with him and declined any medical attention.
The officer then responded to Irma Avenue and Spooner Road with other officers that had located Cross. He ran Cross’s name through the NCIC/GCIC, which showed that he was on probation. Officers also confirmed that Cross had a Fourth Amendment waiver.
Cross was issued a criminal trespassing warning and told if he went back to the residence he could be charged with criminal trespassing. The officer stated that Cross said he understood.
The officer then searched the vehicle and found a handgun. An officer at the scene ran a criminal background check on Cross, which showed that he was a convicted felon.
Cross was then transported to the Coffee County Jail and booked on one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. As of Wednesday morning, he was still in the Coffee County Jail.
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest