Domestic dispute erupts after wife finds husband at mistress's home, husband arrested on aggravated assault charges
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
An alleged affair led to the arrest of a 57-year-old Nicholls man after his wife found him at his mistress’s home. The discovery reportedly led to a dispute; according to the report, the husband, George Edward Williams, grabbed his wife by the throat.
The incident report states that on January 21, an officer responded to a residence on North Middleton Avenue after the victim called to report a domestic dispute. When the officer arrived, he spoke to the victim, who said she went to her other home to look for Williams, her husband. She wanted to "find out why he hadn't come home yet." The victim stated that she went to their other address on Chatterton Avenue but that Williams was not there. She said she then went to the house of a female "that George [Williams] was having an affair with.”
According to the victim, when she arrived, Williams was at the woman's home. The report states that Williams then came into the house and started breaking things in the living room and throwing them on the floor. The victim stated that at one point, he kicked a heater, which fell on her leg, then began grabbing her around her neck. The woman also claimed that Williams was yelling at her, telling her she needed to leave. According to the report, the officer asked the victim if it felt like she was about to pass out, and she stated no. She then told the officer Williams "pushed her upside her head" and that she then went to her neighbor's home to call 911.
When the officer asked the victim if she knew where Williams was, she stated that he was in the house laying in the bed or had walked back to the woman's home that he was having an affair with. The officer noted that he then called EMS to come and check on the victim.
The officer found Williams lying in the bed. He then got out of the bed and walked toward the officer. The officer placed Williams under arrest. According to the officer, he asked Williams why he "put his hands on his wife," and he "kept saying, 'I want her gone.'" He also told the officer he did not hit the victim but that he damaged the living room.
Williams was booked into the Coffee County Jail on one count of aggravated assault. As of Wednesday morning, according to the jail's roster, he was no longer in custody.
- GBI makes arrest in Jeff Davis shooting
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Drug unit officers arrest, charge Douglas man with meth possession after short chase
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest