Alleged stolen debit card lands 58-year-old in jail
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Carl Dewayne Williams, 58, of Douglas, was recently charged with ten counts of financial transaction card fraud after his cousin reported that he stole his debit card and allegedly spent close to $800.
A Coffee County Sheriff's Office incident report states that on January 5, a corporal met a complainant at the department in reference to theft and fraud. When the officer arrived, he spoke to a 46-year-old man, who reported that his Colony Bank card had been taken from his residence and used at several places in town.
The victim stated that he believed Williams was the person who had stolen the card. He reported that he had last seen the card on his bed in his bedroom, and when he went to get the card on January 1, 2023, he realized it was missing.
According to the report, the victim stated that the total amount of money stolen was estimated to be around $795. Copies of the warrants show 12 transactions, with the total amount being $795.60.
After further investigation, Williams was arrested on January 12 and booked into the Coffee County Jail on all charges. He has since been denied bond and remains behind bars.
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Rev. Charles Warnock, minister, pilot, World War II hero, passes at age 103
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest