27-year-old Douglas woman arrested on drug charges after passing out, sitting at gas pump for 90 minutes
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
An employee of the Irwin County Detention Center was recently arrested on drug possession charges after she was reportedly discovered asleep in her vehicle at a gas pump at a local convenience store.
A Douglas Police Department incident report states that on New Year's Day, around 8:00 a.m., an officer pulled into the Gate convenience store to fill up her patrol car. As the officer was pumping gas, an employee of the store approached her and told her she was concerned about a black pickup truck at one of the pumps. According to the employee, the truck had been parked at a gas pump for about an hour and a half and appeared to have no one inside the vehicle.
The officer walked over to the vehicle and noticed a female slumped over between the steering wheel and the center console. She tapped on the window of the truck and the driver, later identified as 27-year-old Chasity Cumbass, sat up and looked at her. Cumbass opened the door and the officer noticed a brown paper towel with a small, clear, "pinkish"-colored bag that contained white substances. According to the officer, she also saw another bag that also contained a clear, white substance.
The officer reported that she removed the paper towel from Cumbass' leg and asked her for her license. Cumbass was "sweating heavily" and "upon Cumbass lifting out of the driver's seat to get her license," the officer noticed white residue in the seat and a "straw cut really short." Eventually, Cumbass found her license and handed it to the officer, which was suspended.
Cumbass was arrested and transported to the Coffee County Jail and booked on charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of a controlled substance. She was released on a property bond on January 12.
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Rev. Charles Warnock, minister, pilot, World War II hero, passes at age 103
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest