Woman arrested for allegedly stealing, using 'Kemp Card'
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A woman who was out on bond from a 2021 theft charge was recently taken back into custody after she allegedly stole a woman’s "Kemp Card" and then spent over $300 without the card owner's knowledge.
A Coffee County Sheriff’s Office incident report states that on December 5, a deputy was dispatched to a residence on Mayberry Lane regarding a possible theft of a "Kemp Card."
When he arrived, he spoke to a 50-year-old woman who reported that on November 15, she gave her niece the card to purchase food. When her niece was driving to get the food, she reportedly picked up 48-year-old Bonnie Duque and then came back to the house. When the victim’s niece and Duque arrived, the woman reported seeing her niece put the card on a table next to her sofa. A few days later, the victim went to retrieve the
card, and it was no longer there.
According to the victim, she was able to gain access to the account and saw that over $300 had been taken off the card and was shown to have been used at several places in Douglas.
The woman told the deputy that she did not see Duque take the card, nor had she admitted to doing so, but that she had stolen from her before and believed she would do it again.
After further investigation, Duque was arrested on two counts of financial transaction card fraud and booked into the Coffee County Jail.
In January 2021, Duque was charged with one count of theft by taking for allegedly stealing a woman’s ring. She was out on bond at the time of her most recent arrest.
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest