Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
No contract/deposits for maintenance or construction
Clearwater pools on Facebook
Ask about Customizable maintenance plans *
Two Coffee County drug investigators apprehended Danny West, a wanted man out of Ben Hill County, this weekend after West allegedly fled from the Ben Hill County Courthouse following a proceeding several months ago.
According to a copy of an incident report from the Coffee County Drug Unit, on December 17, a CCDU detective spotted West, 27, inside Hibbett Sports in Douglas. Another investigator with the unit approached West to confirm his identity, with West responding with a false name. West then attempted to flee and ran towards the Dollar Tree next door. When investigators tried to arrest West, he allegedly resisted, prompting the use of a taser. The report states that "after a brief fight," West was arrested and transported to the Coffee County Law Enforcement Center.
DouglasNow has reached out to court officials and law enforcement in Ben Hill County regarding West’s escape but Ben Hill officials have not responded. Sources have told DouglasNow that West escaped custody following a sentencing hearing on charges in an armed robbery case in Ben Hill County earlier this year.
West now also faces a charge of obstruction of a law enforcement officer and was transported to the Ben Hill County Jail following his arrest.
- Scott Hall pleads guilty, may receive five years' probation
- Chamber of Commerce selects Student Ambassadors for the 2023-2024 school year
- Natural Gas Department celebrates Public Natural Gas Week
- Coffee's Fred Brown #7 in rushing yards in state
- Courthouse suffers electrical issue, closed for the rest of the day
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest