Two arrested on drug charges in separate investigations
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The Coffee County Drug Unit arrested two on drug charges yesterday, with one of the suspects on probation and the other out on bond.
According to CCDU investigators, they witnessed a suspected drug transaction yesterday afternoon on Daisy Avenue and Green Oak Street, prompting them to conduct an investigation.
One of the suspects was identified as 26-year-old Matthew Mullins, who was discovered to be on probation. A search was conducted, which led to Mullins receiving charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of a drug-related object.
In July 2021, Mullins was arrested on counts of possession of methamphetamine, possession of a drug-related object, and two misdemeanors. He pleaded guilty to possession of methamphetamine in May and received a 5-year probation sentence.
Mullins was denied bond and is being held in the Coffee County Jail.
The second defendant, Tyler Justin Gross, was arrested for the second time on drug-related charges since May. According to an investigator, Gross was reportedly asleep in his vehicle on Dan Duran Road in Nicholls. When law enforcement arrived, he was found asleep at the wheel. Drug investigators asked for consent to search the vehicle, which resulted in the discovery of a quantity of suspected diazepam, hydrocodone, and methamphetamine.
In May, Gross was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of a drug-related object, and two traffic-related charges. He was granted a bond a few days later, awaiting his first court appearance.
Gross now faces two counts of possession of a controlled substance and possession of methamphetamine.
- A high school umpire and a Coffee County resident among several arrested in Jeff Davis County on drug charges
- Southern Georgia Regional Commission sees drop in unemployment rate
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
- Gov. Kemp appoints Jared Roberts as solicitor
- David Rios, one of Coffee County's Most Wanted, still on the run after 11 years
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest