Search warrant yields one arrest on methamphetamine charges
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Last Monday, officers from the Coffee County Drug Unit served a search warrant in Mora and arrested Michael Dees, 53, on charges of possessing methamphetamine.
A bench warrant was issued for Dees' arrest earlier this month after he failed to appear in court on a charge of willful obstruction of a law enforcement officer. In that case, according to a copy of the arrest warrant, he is accused of putting his hands inside an officer's vest and hitting him.
The drug unit executed a search at Dees' residence on Mora Road last Monday while serving the warrant, which resulted in investigators discovering a quantity of suspected methamphetamine, along with other drug-related objects.
Dees is currently being held in the Coffee County Jail without bond.
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Rev. Charles Warnock, minister, pilot, World War II hero, passes at age 103
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record
- Kendrick Mizell's murder trial scheduled to begin Monday
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest