By Kristen Kitchens
Several individuals were indicted last week by a Coffee County Grand Jury, with a local man charged with one count of child molestation in an incident that allegedly occurred in September 2021.
The copy of the indictment states the Grand Jury found enough evidence to indict Noel Bohorquez-Avendano for committing an immoral act on a minor under the age of 16. The indictment accuses Bohorquex-Avendano of acting "with the intent to arouse the sexual desires of himself, by having said victim lay on the couch with him and rubbing her inner thighs and waist until he became aroused."
Bohorquez-Avendano was arrested and is currently in the Coffee County Jail.
According to the Coffee County Sheriff's Office website, there are currently 162 sex offenders residing in Coffee County. The website gives an updated report on the status of local offenders, including an option for citizens to sign-up for an email alert informing you of a published offender registering within the selected radius of an address.
To visit the page, go to https://www.communitynotification.com/cap_main.php?office=55073.
- Douglas/Coffee County supports World Teen Mental Wellness Day
- CSX to close railroad crossing for maintenance
- Drug officers arrest two, one of whom was just released from jail 11 days prior
- It’s business license renewal time
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed