By Kristen Kitchens
Just two days after her arrest last week, 28-year-old Alexandria Bowen received additional charges for her involvement in her fiancé Skylar Merson's alleged heroin operation in Coffee County. Merson was also listed in the indictment and received two new charges.
The indictment alleges that on February 2, Merson and Bowen possessed more than 28 grams of heroin at their residence in Coffee County. In Bowen's first indictment last month, she was accused of having a quantity larger than 4 grams of heroin, with Merson initially charged with having more than 140 grams of heroin.
Count 2 of the indictment states Merson illegally possessed two handguns at the time, with his first indictment only mentioning one weapon discovered during the investigation.
In Bowen's first indictment, she was charged with knowingly concealing one of Merson's handguns, now being accused of also hiding the second weapon.
Merson was initially arrested following a heroin bust in February 2022, in what Coffee County Sheriff's Office officials deemed as the largest heroin bust in the county to date. Merson was also indicted on one count of aggravated assault against a law enforcement officer, fleeing or eluding, and possession of a firearm by a first offender probationer.
Merson and Bowen both remain in the Coffee County Jail.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County