The City of Douglas is currently seeking volunteers to fill vacancies on several volunteer board and committees. The Housing Authority Board, Land Bank Authority, Ethics Committee, Citizens Advisory Committee, Keep Douglas Beautiful Board have vacant seats.
The Douglas Housing Authority has one vacancy. The individual must live within the city limits of Douglas and have some knowledge of the Douglas Housing Authority.
The Douglas-Coffee County Land Bank Authority has one vacancy. The individual must live within the Coffee County and desire to work with neighborhoods and the community to promote property redevelopment.
The Ethics Committee has four vacancies. The individuals must live in the city limits and one must be an attorney.
The Citizens Advisory Committee has one vacancy. The individual must live in City Ward 2.
The Keep Douglas Beautiful Committee has two vacancies. Individuals should have a passion for preserving our natural habitat, recycling, and keeping Douglas beautiful.
Interested individuals should contact the City Clerk’s office or obtain a volunteer application at the Customer Care Center (800 S. Peterson Avenue), Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM or download a volunteer board application from the city’s website, www.cityofdouglasga.gov. For more information, please call 912-389-3405.
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules
- Judge sentences Justin Anderson to 18 months confinement in connection with Vann Brown's death
- Douglas woman arrested on shoplifting, drug possession charges after allegedly stealing shoes
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges