The City of Douglas will hold a public hearing on November 17, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. at the City of Douglas Community Development Department, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue, Douglas, GA 31533 (location known as the Ashley-Slater House), for the purpose of discussing the approved activities of the City’s Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG#21h-x-034-2-6197). On October 21, 2021, the City of Douglas was awarded a grant in the amount of $636,875 to perform housing rehabilitation to 12 owner-occupied deteriorated housing units.
Items to be discussed at the Public Hearing include:
- • The amount of funds received and a description of the activities
- • The amount of funds available for each activity and the amount of funds that will benefit low and moderate income persons.
- • The plan, if applicable, to minimize or prevent displacement of persons and the plan to assist persons who may be displaced.
- • Fair Housing laws and the City of Douglas’ plan to affirmatively further Fair Housing.
The public is invited to attend this hearing to become informed of the project activities.
- CRMC continues to offer therapeutic treatments for COVID-19 patients
- Jury convicts James Hollinger on child molestation charges
- City announces joint public hearing for county, Ambrose, Broxton, Douglas, Nicholls
- City announces date, information for Ward 6 special election
- Business license renewal deadline approaching