SGSC's Will Ferguson, Riley Meloncon named Academic All-Americans
Two members of South Georgia State College's 2018-2019 men's basketball team have been recognized by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) for their academic achievements.
Will Ferguson, a 6'8" freshman from Yulee, Fla., and Riley Meloncon, a 6'2" sophomore from Pikeville, Tenn., were both third team selections to the NJCAA's All-Academic Team. Players selected to the third team must have a grade point average between 3.60-3.79 to qualify.
"I am so excited for Will and Riley, because both guys represent what it is to be a student-athlete at SGSC," said head coach Cory Baldwin.
Ferguson will return to SGSC for his sophomore season, while Meloncon has signed to play for Tennessee Wesleyan University (NAIA) next season. They join former Hawks Cody Helgeland and Daniel Peace as NJCAA Academic All-Americans.
- SGSC students attend production of Mamma Mia! at the Peach State Summer Theatre
- Dr. G. Wayne Clough to discuss book, hold signing at SGSC library
- SGSC hosts Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) to grow future leaders
- SGSC fall payment deadline is August 2
- SGSC students attend Phi Theta Kappa Honors Institute in San Diego