Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Coffee County Farm Bureau (CCFB) Director Jerry McKinnon is serving as the chairman of the Georgia Farm Bureau (GFB) Beef Cattle Committee.
McKinnon leads the committee in shaping GFB’s policy relating to beef production in Georgia. The 10-member committee, made up of producers from each of GFB’s 10 districts, gathered during the GFB Spring Commodity Meeting Feb. 20-21 to consider policy on issues that affect the state’s cattle growers. The committee, one of GFB’s 20 commodity advisory committees, will meet again this summer. GFB will finalize its 2020 policy during its annual convention in December.
McKinnon and his son, Gray, maintain a herd of approximately 800 brood cows and another 800 stocker cattle. They also grow cotton and peanuts on approximately 5,000 total acres.
McKinnon and his wife, Kem, live in Douglas. They have two children, Gray and daughter Katrice, and three grandchildren.
- Middle school artists wanted for bookmark contest
- Coffee recognized for agriculture programs, advocacy at Jekyll Island event
- Farm Bureau accepting entries for hay contest, hay directory
- Jenna Williams selected for Georgia Foundation for Agriculture Scholarship
- Abbie O'Steen receives CCFB Women's Committee Scholarship