On Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019, Blondale Thomas, Douglas Public Information Manager and Magnolia Midlands Travel Association President Elect, and Jennifer Chilton Visitor Center and Tourism Manager, attended the Tourism, Hospitality, and Arts Day at the Capitol in Atlanta.
Each year, tourism professionals from around Georgia travel to the Capitol for a day to discuss legislation that affects tourism. While at the Capitol, members of the Magnolia Midlands Travel Association met with Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan to discuss the importance of tourism and tourism dollars in local communities.
- Community invited to first Battle of the Badges softball game
- Early voting for elections in Douglas, Broxton, and Nicholls begins today
- City to host first-ever community housing fair this Friday
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city
- Local leaders attend annual Okefenokee Occasion in Atlanta