Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Coffee County Farm Bureau received an award in recognition of its member programs during the Georgia Farm Bureau 10th District annual meeting, held Sept. 13 in Waycross. Derek Pridgen is the CCFB President.
The CCFB Legislative and Policy Development committees, chaired by Donnie Smith and Van Grantham, respectively, received the Georgia Farm Bureau 10th District Outstanding Legislative Program Award.
The committees worked with the GFB Public Policy Department to urge the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to adjust when farmers may obtain deer depredation permits. Local farmers experienced crop loss from deer when they could not obtain the permits until crops emerged. By that time the deer had damaged crops, forcing farmers to replant.
After the committees and GFB communicated the issue with DNR, the agency took action allowing permits to be obtained at the time of planting.
The GFB 10th District includes 17 counties in Southeast Georgia.
- Suspicious vehicle on side of the road leads to arrest on drug, gun charges
- Traffic stop leads to three arrests on illegal drug, firearms, and illegal hunting charges
- Fire destroys home Thursday afternoon
- CCSO investigates non-fatal shooting on Hickory Lane
- Driver loses life when vehicle leaves roadway, crashes into creek