Peavy misses 'Rising Star' finale by one point
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in Community
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Joshua Peavy, who made it to the semifinal round on ABC’s “Rising Star” reality talent show, saw his run come to an end last night. Peavy, who sang “What Hurts the Most,” a former #1 hit by Rascal Flatts, was one of three contestants voted off the show during the live broadcast. However, West Coast viewers watched a tape-delayed broadcast and had the chance to save one of the three.
During the live East Coast broadcast, Peavy, along with fellow competitors Maneepat Malloy and Audrey Kate Geiger, did not receive enough votes to automatically advance to next week’s finals. Peavy received a 72 percent approval rating during the live show while Geiger received 69 percent. During the West Coast viewing, Peavy got 67 percent while Geiger edged him by a single point with 68 percent to move on.
Peavy, however, has been in contact with several recording studios during his “Rising Star” run and is confident that his appearance on the show will open up a door for him in the music industry.
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- City to end recycling program on August 1
- Ethan Kramer receives state young leader award
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Pair of teens arrested for allegedly stealing customer's credit card information at drive-through