Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
The City of Douglas will hold two open house dates for the public to view renovations of Barracks #5 located at Douglas Municipal Gene Chambers Airport on August 9 (9AM-1PM) and August 24 (1PM-4PM). The building, Barracks #5, is a part of the historic World War II Army-Air Force Flight Training Air Base and was utilized as housing for the cadets that trained at the Air Base before transferring to other bases to advance their flight training.
As one of the eleven original buildings, Barracks #5 remained standing through the years. In 2020, seeing the need to preserve and repurpose the building, the City of Douglas was awarded $10,000 from the Georgia Historic Preservation Division of DNR. Funds from the DNR Grant and the City of Douglas allowed a new roof to be placed on the building as well as other improvements to occur in hopes the building will be used for an aviation-type business or aviation-related purpose.
Other Open House dates for 2023 will be September 5 (9AM-1PM), and September 29 (1PM-4PM). The open house is free of charge. For more information about the historic airbase or preservation efforts, call Community Development at (912) 383-0277.
- Here are the rules and guidelines for this weekend's Christmas parade
- Lucky number 13: Trojans improve to 13-0 with 30-0 win over Cass Colonels in quarterfinals
- Trojans and the Colonels face off at Jardine Stadium with history on the line
- Veterans Park Committee to host Pearl Harbor Day remembrance ceremony
- Keep Douglas Beautiful holds successful trash dash plogging event