Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Preventing runoff from mobile car washing activities from entering the streets and storm drains in the city limits of Douglas helps protect waterways from pollution. The City of Douglas would like to remind mobile car wash owners that effective January 1, 2023, all mobile car wash business owners who operate in the city are required to have a water containment mat to catch water.
In April 2022, mobile car wash businesses were contacted by Code Enforcement and a meeting was held with those owners concerning the state regulations and city ordinance pertaining to requirements for a water containment mat. Mobile car wash operators were given (6) six months to comply with State law and City ordinances regarding mobile car wash water containment.
Beginning January 2023, the City of Douglas Code Enforcement office, and the City of Douglas Police Department will be enforcing the ordinance, rules, regulations, and laws. If a car wash or mobile car wash business is found to be non-compliant, the violation could result in fines of up to $1,000.00, imprisonment not to exceed six months, and a requirement to work on city streets or public works not exceeding 60 days for the business owner.
For more information regarding water containment mats for car wash/mobile car wash businesses, contact the City of Douglas Code Enforcement office at (912)389-3460,
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
- Douglas woman charged with animal cruelty after critically ill horse found on property
- State Court Judge Katy Paulk announces 2024 election campaign
- GSP, CCSO arrest five on DUI charges