Andrew Sawyer received the Distinguished Service Award from the National Association of County Agriculture Agents during the 2022 Annual Meeting and Professional Improvement Conference in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Andrew Sawyer is the Southeast District Area Pecan Agent. He is recognized for his outstanding leadership and professional accomplishments in Pecan and Forestry programming and research. Key efforts included landowner meetings for those affected by Hurricane Michael, Longleaf Production & Management Field Day, and Low-Input Pecan Variety Trials at the Vidalia Onion Research Farm.
NACAA is a nation-wide professional Extension organization geared toward Extension Educators/Agents and other professionals who work in agriculture, horticulture, forestry and natural resources, 4-H youth development, community development, and related disciplines.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept